How to Crimp On Ethernet RJ-45 Plugs
- Step 1: Cut your cable and strip about 1” of the outer jacket off the tip.
- Step 2: Sort your wires in the proper pinout configuration and lay them out side by side.
- Step 3: Snip the ends of the wires about a ½ inch from the outer jacket to make the end flush.
- Setp 4: Keeping the wires in proper order, insert them into the connector. Push the wires all the way up so that the ends of the wires seat complete up to the end of the connector. Squeeze the jacket of the cable into the connector up past the jacket clamp.
- Step 5: I Insert the plug into your crimper and crimp down.
- Step 6: You should end up with a finished connector with the gold contacts pushed in place and the outer jacket of the cable secured to the connector by the jacket clamp.